Thursday, January 5, 2012

Going off the Rails on A Crazy Train

During my first post, I commented that I'm living proof that God has a sense of humor and now as I sit here (uncomfortably) 36 weeks pregnant with these two meatloaves that are taking over my uterus, I'm completely sure that God is a having a little fun at my expense.

Those of you who know me & choose to put up with me know that I can be a bit smug or maybe even a smartass. I choose to accept that I come by this flaw honestly (sorry mom) and have been smugly thinking to myself (up until week 32) that this 'whole twin pregnancy' thing isn't bad at all. Insert God's sense of humor and I think you'll see where I'm going with this.

My sanity has been tested. I don't mean to complain, because compared to what some of my friends are going through, this is nothing. However, after several nights of not sleeping (even with Dr prescribed ambian), constant pain and contractions, puppps syndrome (aka a very itchy rash that is common during twin pregnancies-google it... it’s gross) and back pain I officially lost it on NYE. Poor Chad! I'm not exactly sure what "crazy" feels like, but I think crying (hysterically) while itching myself until  I bled and yelling at Chad while he attempted  to console me might qualify me for the crazytrain. Yikes!


The female body is rather amazing, or so my doctor told me when she told me to 'suck it up' after I called to complain to her that I was dying. I guess it has to be, otherwise squeezing a 9+lb meatball out (with a larger than average head) would probably make you not want to have children ever again. I still remember and am somewhat traumatized by my sister's adamancy of her telling me she was "never doing this again" after birthing this chunky meatloaf (cutest kid ever below). Here's to hoping my experience is a little better, or that the chemicals my brain produces makes me forget the unpleasant stuff quickly.



And... for your viewing pleasure.. here is a Christmas picture of me to make you feel better about yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment