Thursday, January 12, 2012

Officially a Party of 4


One last belly picture
Ready or not, they're here! I still really can't fathom that almost 9 months ago Chad and I (and the big guy upstairs) created these two tiny miracles. I'm not even really sure you can put the feeling into words... it's amazing. Even after all the baby strollers, car-seats,  assembly of relatively technical baby storage contraptions, trips to the doctor, and even checking into the hospital, none of it seemed real until I witnessed 2 human beings being lifted out of my stomach (just like I pictured the stork would do).

But here they are: Landon Michael 5 lbs. 10 oz. and Lauren Alivia 4 lbs. 6 oz., born at 12:39 and 12:40 on Friday, January 6, 2012. I'm sure like post parents I am and will continue to be oblivious to any imperfections that these two sweet nuggets have. I'm not really the sentimental, gooey type, but I don't think I could love two little people anymore.

Landon, Chad and I got to come home on Tuesday, January 10 and big sis (she's the older one) is still working on gaining some weight in the NICU. They aren't really giving her an expected discharge date. Weighing in at just a little above 4 lbs. 1 oz. (they weigh them in grams) she's in charge of her own weight gain. They added a NG tube this week and are tube feeding her some of her feedings to minimize the number of calories spent. She also had to go back into her isolette (warmer) to minimize the number of calories she is spending to keep herself warm. So now it's a waiting game. Chad and I try to split time between the NICU and being home with Landon. It's a difficult balance because basically wherever I am, I feel guilty about leaving the other one. Hopefully we won't have to split time much longer.

Thank you to everyone who has called or stopped by to check on us. We really appreciate your support. Hopefully sometime late next week, Ms. Lauren will turn the corner and we can officially be a Party of 4 together at home.

First time holding Lauren

A little brother/sister bonding time

Landon getting ready to go home

1/12/12 Lauren chillin in her isolette (she's on a warm beach somewhere)

Landon all snuggled in




Hats! Still need some time to grow into these :)




1 comment:

  1. They are gorgeous! Hopefully Lauren will pack on some pounds. Tell her this is the only time in her life someone will ask her to gain weight! Ha!

    ReplyDelete