Friday, January 20, 2012

Officially a Party of 4: Night One

After spending 2 weeks in the NICU and tipping the scales at a whopping 4 lbs 13 oz, Miss Lauren Lang finally got to come home yesterday. It was a huge sense of relief for both Chad and I. Not just because we no longer have to pack up everything but the kitchen sink to go to the NICU for 6+ hours a day, but because our precious family is finally together. You have no idea how hard it was for me to leave this sweet nugget each day and go home... even though the rational side of my brain knew that she was in excellent hands (absolutely love the NICU nurses at North Kansas City), I had to try really hard not to cry each day as we left.. here's why.


The homecoming wasn't real eventful. Landon slept, Lauren held my hand the entire way in the car as I snapped picture after picture of her face and upon our arrival, Joey sniffed both kids and promptly went back to the bedroom to pout.
First time being held without wires! Yay!

There is only 50 pictures of this...

Very Happy Parents :)

Seriously Mom, enough with the pictures

Landon is an excellent car rider

Lauren, Dad and Landon doing a little snuggling after eating

Our first night together went pretty well. I'm sure for writing that last sentence, I'll be eating my words tonight. Both kids slept in their own cribs, woke up for their scheduled feedings and didn't put up much of a fight going back to sleep. I didn't stare at the video monitor too excessively long and managed to get at least 5 hours of sleep (not all at one time, but still).. something that I consider a huge success.

Chad and I are definitely feeling very blessed. Two beautiful, healthy, & adorable (yes, I'm biased) children.. and parenting is everything I hoped it would be and possibly a little more.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy they are both home! They're lucky to have such wonderful parents :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video broke my heart. I knew you were leaving her each night, but -ugh- that made it real. My heart goes out to you guys. You are truly beaming in that picture of the four of you coming home. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete